As 2013 wraps up, one can't help but think about big moments of the past year. If you have facebook it's really simple because there's that special little tool that tells you what your highlights were from the past year; and if you thought, "wait, what about that amazing hike I did that was life-changing that I forgot to share on facebook"...too bad, it basically never happened....Just kidding! But that's where this blog post comes into play. Forget about your most-liked statuses for a sec and let's look at what actually does matter.
Since AION is a fairly new business and there's a number of entrepreneurs in Jackson, we thought it would be good to write down a few things that might come in handy for anyone wanting to follow their passion. These thoughts may not be life-changing, but they're great to keep in mind for business and life.
1. Surround yourself with great people. People love to help so don't be afraid to ask. And always appreciate the people in your life.
2. Be really bold and really humble. Don't underestimate your own value, and don't underestimate the value of pure assertiveness and passion.
3. Not all advice you get is good advice. No one else can see your life vision in your head, so follow your heart.
4. If you're not getting told 'no' enough times a day, you're probably not doing it right or you're not pushing yourself hard enough.
5. Set BIG goals. You've got to take risks for big reward.
6. Just start doing, there is no perfect moment.
7. Leaving behind a steady paycheck is nowhere near as frightening as the idea of working for someone else's dreams for the rest of your life. Less money can allow you to stay away from getting too comfortable, and keep you striving for more.
8. Stay healthy with good food, lots of water, exercise, and less stress - you're doing what you love, after all.
9. Listen to music...it causes the brain to pump out dopamine, a neurotransmitter associated with pleasure and anticipated reward.
10. Keep up with all your hobbies/activities to keep you motivated and staying positive.
And a bonus:
It always comes back around:)
Thanks to my co-workers, Entrepreneur.com, businessinsider.com, and Outside magazine for inspiring ideas for this post.